Tuesday, September 08, 2009

KUALA LUMPUR OPEN CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP

Today is the last day of the Kuala Lumpur Open Chess Championship.The tournament is organized by Kuala Lumpur Chess Association and is being held in Petaling Jaya.The final round will be played will be played at 2.30 pm today.Base on result upload to chess-result by the organizer it’s the young Vietnamese Grandmaster Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son who is leading this event over his fellow countryman Dao Thien Hai.

Also playing in this event is my old friend Ali Nasha Abdul Najid Wahab ( better know as Najid – Hope I get it right ) who has 3 points.The tournament director is Peter Long also frequent participant in Terengganu Open in early nineties.I think I played with FM Peter Long previously but the one that I remember most is in 1991 where he beat me in English Opening but I end up won the second board prize.That was in Sabah during the Interstates Chess Championship.

For complete result here and Kl chess blog is here

No comments: