Saturday, January 10, 2009
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
- Hashim Jusoh 5706238
- Ruzenan Abu Bakar 5706130
- Abdul Rahim Ramli 5706327
- Gani Kadir 5706254
- Hisamullah Harun 5706173
- Abdul Latif abdul Halim 5706084
- Ahmad Rizal Othman 5706300
- Md Syazwan Zulkifli 5706408
- Suhaidi Mustaffa 5706289
- Fairul Yusuff 5706378
- Abdul Kadir Jailani 5706319
- Alias Md Amin 5706262
- Muhd Asyraf Zakaria 5706394
- Siddiq Husainy Hasbullah 5706181
- Najwah Aziz 5705410
- Salleh Omar 5706297
- Zulkefeli Jusoh 5706246
- Peteer Jabir 5706220
- Md Huzaimi Abd Jalal 5706092
- Rozam Zam Ibrahim 5706203
- Wan Aizuddin Wan Razali 5705371
- Nor azma Adilla Alias 5705320
- Mohd Pouzi Hamzah 5706165
- Mohd Khairul Nazrin A, Nashir 5706068
- Che Mohd Rizal Ibrahim 5706190
- Md Amirul Zahanuddin 5706386
- Md Aiman Azani 5706157
- Siti Nor Raihan Md Shaifuddin 5706270
- Siti Aisyah Sabirin 5706343
- Siti Khadijah Sabirin 5706351
- Ahmad Syukri Ismail 5706211
- Ahmad Akif Abd Rahim 5706106
- Ahmad Ariff Abd Rahim 5706114
- Zaimah Abdullah 5706122
- Ramli Setapa 5706360
- Md Ariff Ramli 5706335
- Zailan Abas 5706076
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Monday, January 05, 2009
- 1700 participants took part in qualifiying round in all district
- 900 chess set used in the process ( well almost )
- 150 available analog chess clock used in qualifiying round
- RM28,000 spend for qualifiying round for all districts
- 100 arbiters and assistance involved.
- RM50,000 spend in the 5 series tournament.
- RM40,000 spend in the grand finale
- 66 took part in the grandfinale
- Budget for advertisement in newspaper ,banner and etc
- Now available 200 unit dgt easy plus clock and set
- Countless hours of workmanship and preparation.
In the end what the local players gained ?
Then MindCet organised five series of tournament at state level to select players in order to play in the grandfinal which is a FIDE rated event.That a dream come true for local chess players with generous prize money for very categories.Conducive playing venue and more then enough chess equipment.Surely what MindCet has spend surely cannot match by others State Government in Malaysia.
Commenting on qualities of play of Terengganu players performance , I think we need to raise our knowledge in chess theory basically as well as to raise the qualities of our local competitors standard.For instance in seven round of swiss event seeded players may only play 3 or 4 strong players while the rest of the round they maybe played with a weaker opponents.The effect of this clearly shown in the Grand Finale when several top ranked Terengganu players were unable to handle experience of the rated players.
To improve this situation I would say that top Terengganu players will only play among themselves in different categories in local tournament.Let say 8 players in first division , only five players will win prize money and last two players will be downgrade to second division.The first 2 winners of second division will be upgrade to the first division.The second division consisting lower ranked players and all juniors state players.We must make a bold decision in order improve our game.In the past ours players may have won many national level tournament but with Internet era we unable not catch up with the latest development in chess.